For industrial applications, multiple switches are often connected like a cascaded chain due to topology limitation.
In such configuration, a backup (redundant) mechanism with fast response is often required to keep the network operating when any cable fault or even device fault occur.
Features of KTI’s Auto Multi-Ring
- One switch is capable to support four redundant rings concurrently
- Supports up to 30 switches in one ring
- When enabled, the ring function operates immediately even when switch just powered up.
- Supports network redundancy for cable link failures and switch device failures
- Fast response time to recover ring network operation as faults are detected
- Helpful web page to monitor ring details and status
Ring operation is back to standby state automatically after faults are fixed and ring is repaired
- One switch can support both Auto Multi-Ring and Spanning Tree protocol concurrently.