The converter provides a serial interface and an Ethernet interface. It packs and forwards the data stream between two interfaces. For flexibility, the Ethernet interface is equipped to support 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX or 100BASE-FX physical connection for most of LAN requirement.
Regarding to serial interface, two different models are offered alternatively for most serial applications. One model supports RS-232 interface and the other supports RS-422/RS-485 interface.
Key Features :
- Ethernet interface provides combo port of 10/100Mbps copper RJ-45 and 100M fiber SFP slot.
- Serial interface provides two options, RS-232 and RS-422/485.
- Serial port supports baud-rate up to 230400bps.
- Galvanic isolation on serial interface
- Data conversion throughput up to 230Kbps
- Wide range of direct power voltage support, DC 8V-60V
- Powered over Ethernet through RJ-45 interface (PoE-enabled)
- Alarm relay output for power failure, port link down and failure in connecting to server
- Application support for remote COM port, serial server over TCP, reverse telnet, pair connection, and serial broadcast
- Remote COM driver support for Windows PC
- Web-based and serial-based console configuration
- Event notification over SMTP and SNMP traps