The Gigabit media converter is designed to convert 1000Base-T signals to/from 1000Base-X fiber signals. It is used to extend the connection distance between two Gigabit Ethernet devices via fiber cable transparently with no performance degradation.
With the SFP (Mini-GBIC) connector design, the media converter not only supports existing variety of multimode and single mode fibers, but also preserves the flexibility to adapt to any change of your fiber network in the future. It also supports center chassis installation with optional power redundancy and management features when a larger fiber network is required. With pre-configured fiber transceivers, the converter also can support Bi-Di WDM and CWDM fiber network applications.
- Comply with IEEE 802.3ab 1000Base-T, 802.3z 1000Base-SX/LX standard
- Provide direct media conversion for Gigabit copper and Gigabit fiber
- Support full wire speed conversion
- Support transparent conversion of any packet types with no packet length limitation
- Support auto-negotiation with link partners
- Provide link fault pass through between copper and fiber link
- Provide SFP on fiber port for mounting variety of fiber options
- Support optional DIN-Rail installation
- Support center chassis installation to achieve the advantages of central power, optional power
redundancy and management
- Ideal solution for multimode, short reach up to long reach single mode fiber, Bi-Di and CWDM